Friday, May 18, 2007

Not strictly kitchen news...

Well this week has been eventful! I got the cabinet door fronts ordered and they are expected to ship on May 31st. So hopefully that next weekend we'll be able to install them. The installation will be quick - it's just those cover panels that stop the whole works for the moment. I asked Scherr's if they could ship those sooner, that way I can get my countertops ordered. Wow having a sink and countertops - what a luxury!

So onward to un-kitchen news. I got a j-o-b this week! One of my clients had a need for a Production Manager and they asked me to join the team. I'll be in charge of the computers and associated systems, managing workflow as it goes out for printing and whatnot, design and layout as needed and I'll even be the manager of one other person and the freelance fleet (kind of ironic, huh?). I officially start on Monday at Topin & Associates. I've worked here as freelance for the last 3 years, in fact they were my very first freelance client. Erich is exstatic, he's been wanting me to get a job for a while now. And financially this will really help us plan better, having a consistent income instead of my hot and cold freelance income. So I think it's a win win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like Tobin's website. Let me know when they update with your picture!!!

Congrats Erich!!!
Congrats Steph!!!

Your Momma is now ready for financial aid!!! :) Just kidding!! :)

Love, Your Momma

No sink, no counter, eating out!! WOW!!!