Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some progress...

So we did make some progress this weekend... Saturday we went to an open house for free burgers, then decided that Mexican food sounded better! We did some shopping for some art for the condo, found some barstools that we'll pick up one of these days when we have a zipcar handy. Then pretty much recovered from the Mexican food (or more accurately, Mexican beverages)

But Sunday we got some stuff done, E got the baseboards trimmed out and they ready to install (almost - IKEA shorted us by ALOT so we had to run out there... just a note, this weekend was "Everyone go to IKEA and buy your kid crap for college" weekend). But I got the backsplash halfway finished. Monday when I get home from work I just have to do the grout. I think it came out pretty well for an amature tiler! And I got the top seam of the closet started. So this week I'm hoping to really work each night and complete the backsplash, the closet (mud and primer, then paint) and get the final big wall in the living room painted. Then next weekend I am going to start in the far corner and put everything back the way it should be and get the loft organized and finished off. **sigh** That's the plan anyway... I've had a lot of those on this blog!

starting the stainless tile - hard to work under cabinets!

stainless tile adhered to wall - just need to grout in 24 hours then silicone caulk everything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love the lights!! The cabinets look glamorous!!! The backsplash is awesome!!! Where is the painted wall? The gold will be pretty above the cabinets. I think you two will fall in love with your place again and stay another two years!!! Love, Your Momma

Shannon said...

I blog with the g'blets. LOVE the stainless backsplash. Man, thats way cool.