Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Closet Fairy

Boy - I should leave town more often! I went down south last weekend to visit my parents and E stayed home to work on the closet. I figured he'd get it all framed and then wouldn't be able to do the drywall by himself. Well lookie lookie - a complete closet! So this weekend I plan on getting it finished with the mudding and then I'll paint next week. Also yesterday our faucet was delivered and I just scheduled our granite install for Monday! I'm so excited! E will be out of town for work, but as soon as he gets back he'll be able to hook up the sink and we'll have a fully-functional kitchen! Yippeee!

it's larger than it looks! the closet is big enough for a stacked washer/dryer (should we ever be allowed to install one) and I designed it to have bi-directional doors so we can access the full closet. We'll run to the depot this weekend and buy the doors and closet bar and shelves.

the final kitchen layout - as soon as granite is in we can install the tall cabinet on the left

the new sink in person

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... imagining E as a fairy... just can't picture him in the skirt and tights. :)

What a WONDERFUL surprise, though, and the kitchen is looking beautiful!