Thursday, June 7, 2007

OK - we are officially over budget

We met the granite guy this morning. I was hoping we had a small enough area that we could get away with a remnant... well with the range hood and the additional cabinets we added to the back of the island - no such luck! We have a little over 40 sq. ft. of counter space! wow-eee. I just ran the basic numbers and by the time we order our appliances on Saturday we'll have basically spent our budget. Now the granite is $1,000 more than I thought it'd be (granted, I thought it'd be $800.. ha ha ha ha ha). But I guess in the end the granite will be the most resale bang, even though I thoroughougly disagree with the carbon footprint of granite (jerks) it's a real-estate consipiracy I tell you! Although really we're doing pretty well considering the disaster with the floor and the custom cabinets. Oh well - what'cha gonna do?

image of the budget breaking granite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That new job is going to come in handy. E's mom