Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A working weekend...

Well, this weekend we locked ourselves in (a little tooo tightly - sorry Grandma & Grandpa R). And we worked worked worked! We have ALL the cabinets installed, the granite has been fixed - thanks to Granite Design of IL, the door pulls are all installed and I have about 80% of the kitchen stuff put away. The refrigerator was delivered and the old one taken away. We had a plumber in this morning and he installed the dishdrawer, faucet, drain, and fridge ice/water line. I need to do some modification so I can add a pull-out self... but we're doing really well! Here are some pictures of our progress!!

Running water!

genius dishwasher/dish placement - put dishes away without straining myself!

the island - Almost!


Lighted front glass front cabinets for my beautiful crystal and barware

Cabinets with pulls and all installed! - we're adding a door over the microwave (above the dishwasher)

Cabinet doors open - with food and such inside!

End of island - we're ordering panels to cover this area (expansion for stove hood) the panels will be the same as the cabinets from Scherr's

And this photo accurately reflects how E and I feel! (My crazy kitty Kisses)

1 comment:

Viscouse said...

Wow, good push to the finish!
Do I see carpet in the last pic with Kisses?

Also, any plans to rig the door over the microwave to open the actual microwave door? That would be boss!

Everything look so cool. You both did a great job. And a pic of Kisses pooped is better than finding the cat in the dishwasher 3 days later.