Wednesday, April 11, 2007

cabinet doors and old cabinets

SO I emailed the people at Scherrs and got some questions answered. They WILL cut the hinges for me - so that settles that! And they use sherman williams stain, so I have to find a Sherman Williams store and choose a stain. Hopefully they'll also have examples of the clear coats - I can't decide between satin and glossy. hmmm. We were going to go to IKEA tonight and order the cabinets and measure for the doors, but it's snowing like crazy, so we're going to reschedule. We also are ordering our stove for the kitchen soon, hopefully that will be here in a similar time frame to the cabinets so I'll be ready for granite countertops (if I can afford them!)

I posted an ad on craigslist for the old cabinets $100 / OBO and I've had several people interested - some will pay more if I can send better photos - I'll get right on that tonight! Best way to dispose of stuff is craigslist - as long as you have it dirt cheap, you don't have to worry about it!

That's all for now - hopefully by the end of the week we'll have our boxes ordered and stove ordered and I'm hoping they'll come early next week (after the floor guys finish on Friday night or Saturday morning).

That is the next task - trying to move out 70% of our stuff so the floors can be repaired - that should be interesting.

No comments: