Friday, April 20, 2007

True Grit

Big E and I are stuck in our room. Earlier, E mentioned that we were living in a quarter of our place, and right now we're stuck in here. There's no TV so we're watching apple movie trailers and listening to the floor guys sand and vacuum our new floor. I'm enclosing a photo of what the floor looked like before the guys *finally* got here (more on that in a sec). And I'm enclosing a picture of the freakin dust. Mom had soem good dust suggestions, but I think we'll be dealing with it for a LONG time.

So yesterday the floor guys didn't get here till around 1 or so. Apparently the person I spoke to was scheduling someone else's time and that person had just got back from a vacation in Europe. They called a lot and were very appologetic. Then at around 5:30 they ran out of material to level the floor and left (OK...) and then today one of the guys had traffic court in the morning and they said they'd be here at 11 - well they got here at 3:30! They finished the patching and got 80% of the sanding done and they wanted to leave! I told the owner that I had 150 boxes coming the next day from IKEA and that I really needed it done. I know it's kinda bitchy, but they were only here like 3 or 4 hours and they had promised that the job would be done by 6pm tonight (it's now 10pm). But they're still here and committed to working, so I'm glad. The sanding is finished and he's almost done vacuuming the dust (shyeah) and then it's just 2 coats of water based stain and they should be out of here by midnight. That way at least they don't have to come back. **sigh** Like I said, a nightmare!!! Oh well. At least the floor will look brand new!

1 comment:

Viscouse said...

The dust on the camera lens is a nice touch. :)

What a view. Man I miss Chicago nightscapes.

I'm pretty sure my Mom could come over & dust the place from top to bottom. She might complain a little & you'd have to hear weird stories about odd things, but she is local.