Saturday, April 28, 2007

The New Floor

By popular demand - I took some photos of the floor. I meant to do it while everything was out - but then IKEA came after the floor had been dry for only 15 minutes! Oh well. You get the idea!

This is where the old hole in the floor was!



This shows my displeasure with the work that was done. The finish is off and you can see marks from the squeegie they put the sealer on with (even though I was assured that this would be a non-issue) ***grrrrrr***



And here are the IKEA boxes! whoo-hoooo! I can't wait to put all this back together!


I ordered a sample door for the custom doors we're getting for the Kitchen. Originally I had changed my mind and gone with solid Birch doors. But apparently with frameless cabinets they discourage you from using solid wood doors because they change size with the seasons. So we're doing veneer. And I guess birch is hard to stain because it's such a hard wood. So I ordered a sample in Alder wood. Here's the link to Scherr's to see the differences. The sample should be here by the time we get back - so we'll see!

No comments: