Thursday, April 5, 2007

Got a cabinet quote

Searching around, a lot of people recommend scherrs.com so I thought I'd get a quote. So I sent my estimates of the sizes (stupid IKEA doesn't tell you the exact door and drawer dimensions - and I guess this is why). I had them quote a alder wood with a dull finish. And the estimate came back about 2x what I thought it'd be - granted, there's shipping involved, but I was shocked none the less. This goes back to my core problem of being a horrible cheapskate! But, it's still not terrible - I wrestling with the cost now. If I do the custom fronts at this price point, I'll have to wait to buy the appliances - which doesn't necessarily end the world as we know it. But up to now I was pretty much right on my budget. Of course Greenmaker my yet save the day - we'll see what they come up with. Their cabinet manufacturer is in Wisconsin, so maybe that will make a difference?? My main concern is putting too much money into the kitchen. If I were in a house, I'd be tempted to invest more, but since it's a condo, and a tight market to boost - I don't want to go too crazy! I dunno. I'm just rambling now, so I think I'll keep poking around. Maybe my wonderful Mother will come and visit and go shopping with me one day and give me some alternate opinions (hint hint Mom).

No comments: